Business Development Representative - Bountiful, UT
Salary: $50,000 to $ 125,000 annual (base + commissions)
The Business Development Representative works to grow existing customers while also working to build new client relationships.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generating new business. This includes:
- Researching current leads and customers and working to increase their business with Polaris.
- Finding new leads to call on.
- Reaching out via phone and email to potential customers for new business.
- Visiting current and existing customers to further develop customer relationships.
- Customer service and operations. This includes:
- Working with existing customers by developing positive working relationships. Call current customers to obtain additional business.
- Providing rate quotes for Polaris’ services (flatbed, LTL, dry van, small parcel, container drayage, expedited, temperature controlled and intermodal freight).
- Entering loads for the customers into Polaris’ main systems (i.e. McLeod Software). It is necessary to gather essential and accurate information to be keyed into the systems.
- Tracking shipments by confirming loading and unloading of trucks. Updating customer(s) on load status. Scheduling or rescheduling loads based on the customer(s) needs.
- Carrier sales/truck booking. This includes:
- Negotiating and booking loads with Polaris’ existing carrier base or with new carriers.
- The position includes answering inbound phone calls.
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaboration Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week employees. Hours may vary based on the need of the business.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED, computer knowledge working with MS Outlook, Word, Excel
Preferred Education and Experience
Related degree in business is required. Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience in logistics and transportation sales working with the following services: LTL, Intermodal, Dry Van, Flatbed and Temperature-Controlled.
Polaris Logistics Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Polaris Logistics Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.