Polaris Logistics Group is seeking qualified persons for the following postions:
The Logistics Coordinator Intern will assist the company in servicing its customers and working with its providers to complete orders. This individual will learn the business operations and will work to assist customers that utilize the core offerings. The person will also work with the vendors the company hires to provide those services.
• Working with existing customers by developing positive working relationships.
• Providing rate quotes for services (flatbed, LTL, dry van, small parcel, container drayage, expedited, temperature controlled and intermodal freight).
• Entering loads for the customers into company systems. It is necessary to gather essential and accurate information to be keyed into these systems.
• Tracking shipments by confirming loading and unloading of trucks. Updating customer(s) on load status. Scheduling or rescheduling loads based on the customer(s) needs.
• Negotiating and booking loads existing carrier base or with new carriers.
• Reaching out new customers.
• The position includes answering inbound phone calls.
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent Communication and organizational skills
• Proactive problem solving and exceptional communication skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
• Ability to work in team environment
• Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Google Chrome or MS Internet Explorer
• Basic knowledge of the transportation industry
• HS Diploma
Interested Candidates should apply by forwarding a resume to Shannon Burt at email@example.com