Logistics Coordinator Position -Toledo Office
Salary: $30,000 - $35,000 annual
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 45% of the job will involve customer service and operations. This includes:
- Working with existing customers by developing positive working relationships. Call current customers to obtain additional business.
- Providing rate quotes for Polaris’ services (flatbed, LTL, dry van, small parcel, container drayage, expedited, temperature controlled and intermodal freight).
- Entering loads for the customers into Polaris’ main system (i.e. McLeod Software). It is necessary to gather essential and accurate information to be keyed into the systems.
- Tracking shipments by confirming loading and unloading of trucks. Updating customer(s) on load status. Scheduling or rescheduling loads based on the customer(s) needs.
- 45% of the job will involve carrier sales/truck booking. This includes:
- Negotiating and booking loads with Polaris’ existing carrier base or with new carriers.
- 10% of the job will include generating new business. This includes:
- Reaching out via phone and email to potential customers for new business.
- The position includes answering inbound phone calls.
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Computer Programs
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Hours may vary based on the need of the business. Occasional after-hours communication via phone or email may be needed.
This position requires up to 10% travel.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED
Preferred Education and Experience
Related degree in logistics preferred but not required. Two (2) years of prior logistics experience is helpful.
Polaris Logistics Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Polaris Logistics Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested parties please send your resume to: Shannon Burt - firstname.lastname@example.org