Corporate Sales Representative
Salary: $40,000 min - $150,000 max (with commissions included)
The Corporate Sales Representative will complete and appropriate solutions for every customer to boost top-line revenue growth, customer satisfaction and profitability.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 80% of the job will include generating new business. This includes:
- Researching current leads and customers and working to generate new business opportunities with Polaris, selling our services.
- Identifying opportunities for Polaris.
- Reaching out to customer leads through cold calling and referrals.
- Presenting, promoting and selling services prospective customers.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining positive business and customer relationships (3x3 or 2x1, depending on account size).
- Achieving agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- 15% of the job will involve managing customers from a high level. This includes:
- Working with existing customers by developing positive working relationships. Call current customers to obtain additional business.
- Develop 3x3 or 2x1, depending on account size.
- Providing rate quotes for Polaris’ services (flatbed, LTL, dry van, small parcel, container drayage, expedited, temperature controlled and intermodal freight).
- Presenting, promoting and selling services to prospective customers.
- Business reviews with Account Managers, perform annual or quarterly depending on account size.
- 5% of the job will involve building loads, carrier sales/truck booking. This includes:
- Negotiating and booking loads with Polaris’ existing carrier base or with new carriers.
- The position includes answering inbound phone calls and making outbound phone calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organizational Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Communication and Technology Proficiency
- Performance Management
- Self-motivation and Discipline
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week employees. Hours may vary based on the need of the business. Occasional after-hours communication via phone or email may be needed.
This position requires up to 50% travel.
Required Education and Experience
College degree is required, computer knowledge working with MS Outlook, Word, Excel.
Preferred Education and Experience
Related degree in business preferred but not required. Five (5) years of prior experience is helpful.
Polaris Logistics Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Polaris Logistics Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested parties please send your resume to: Shannon Burt - email@example.com