Polaris Logistics Group is seeking qualified persons for the following postions:
The Logistics Coordinator performs the operational functions of the organization.
• Working with existing customers by developing positive working relationships.
• Providing rate quotes for services (flatbed, LTL, dry van, small parcel, container drayage, expedited, temperature controlled and intermodal freight).
• Entering loads for the customers into McLeod company system . It is necessary to gather essential and accurate information to be keyed into these systems.
• Tracking shipments by confirming loading and unloading of trucks. Updating customer(s) on load status. Scheduling or rescheduling loads based on the customer(s) needs.
• Negotiating and booking loads existing carrier base or with new carriers.
• Reaching out new customers.
• The position includes answering inbound phone calls.
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent Communication and organizational skills
• Proactive problem solving and exceptional communication skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
• Ability to work in team environment
• Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Google Chrome or MS Internet Explorer
• At least 2 years of basic knowledge of the transportation industry is preferred
• HS Diploma; Degree in logistic preferred but not required
Interested Candidates should apply by forwarding a resume to Shannon Burt at email@example.com